EK BHARAT SHRESTHA BHARAT
Context: The Department of Sports organised Nine events in the month of January 2020 under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Programme (EBSB) in various parts of the country to promote the spirit of National integration through sports.
Till January 31, 2020 Department of Sports conducted Nineteen events across the country, with participation of around 1200 players. ABOUT EK BHARAT SHRESTHA BHARAT “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” Programme was announced by Hon’ble Prime Minister on 31st October, 2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Subsequently, the Finance Minister announced the initiative in his Budget Speech for 2016-17.
- All States and UTs will be covered under the programme.
- There will be pairing of States/UTs at national level and these pairings will be in effect for one year, or till the next round of pairings.
- The State/UT level pairings would be utilized for state level activities.
- District level pairings would be independent of the State level pairings.
The broad objectives of the initiative are as follows:-
(i) CELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country; (ii) PROMOTE the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States; (iii) SHOWCASE the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity; (iv) ESTABLISH long-term engagements (v) CREATE an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences. Engagement matrix between states and UTs
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Tamil Nadu & Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh & Kerala
- Uttarakhand & Karnataka
- Haryana & Telangana
- Rajasthan & West Bengal
- Gujarat & Chhaftisgarh
- Maharashtra & Odisha
- Goa & Jharkhand
- Delhi & Sikkim & Assam
- Madhya Pradesh & Manipur & Nagaland
- Uttar Pradesh & Arunachal Pradesh & Meghalaya
- Bihar & Tripura & Mizoram
- Chandigarh & Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- Puducherry & Daman & Diu
- Lakshadweep & Andaman & Nicobar
Follow us on:
Join us on Telegram: http://t.me/ExamGuideUpsc