Context: The Union Minister for Railways, Commerce and Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal, the Union Minister for Minority Affairs, Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and the Union Minister for Urban Development (Independent Charge), Shri Hardeep Singh Puri will inaugurate the 20th “Hunar Haat” on 13th February, 2020.
This year’s “Hunar Haat”, to be organised by Ministry of Minority Affairs from 13th February, 2020 at India Gate Lawns, Rajpath, New Delhi will be based on the theme of “Kaushal Ko Kaam”. KEY INFORMATION
- Hunar Haat is an exhibition of handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans from the Minority communities. The scheme aims to establish Hunar Hub in all the states where programs like Hunar Haati and other cultural events are to be organized.
- It is organized by Ministry of Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Hunar Haat is organized under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme which inter-alia, aims to preserve heritage of traditional arts and crafts of minorities and build capacity of traditional crafts persons and artisans.
- “Hunar Haat” has become a “Mega Mission” of indigenous Craft, Cuisine & Culture and economic empowerment of master artisans, craftsmen.
- Narendra Modi-led Government has sanctioned 100 “Hunar Hubs” in different parts of the country. Training is being provided to master artisans, craftsmen and traditional culinary experts according to modern needs in these “Hunar Hubs”.
- So far, “Hunar Haat” have been organized at various places in the country such as Delhi, Mumbai, Prayagraj, Lucknow, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Puducherry and Indore.
- The next “Hunar Haat” will be organized at Ranchi from 29th February to 8th March and in Chandigarh from 13th to 22nd March, 2020.
- In the coming days, “Hunar Haat” will be organized in Gurugram, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, Dehradun, Patna, Bhopal, Nagpur, Raipur, Puducherry, Amritsar, Jammu, Shimla, Goa, Kochi, Guwahati, Bhubneshwar, Ajmer and other places.
Follow us on:
Join us on Telegram: http://t.me/ExamGuideUpsc